I am a qualified teacher with over 20 years experience across all age ranges from Reception to Year 11. I have considerable leadership experience including two years as a teaching head teacher.
Special Educational Needs
I've worked with young people with Special Educational Needs including those with complex needs, autism and particularly with 4-16 year olds with social, emotional and mental health needs who have been permanently excluded from school. I've been a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) in two schools successfully gaining Education Health and Care Plans for pupils across four Key Stages - helping secure places at specialist educational settings.
Forest School Practitioner
Since 2015 I've been a qualified Level 3 Forest School Practitioner and have developed Forest School sites, fully resourced sessions, carried out all necessary health and safety procedures and delivered sessions across the primary age range. I have considerable experience working in line with Safeguarding procedures having been a Designated Lead Safeguarding Officer for two years. Since June 2017 I've been a Trustee of the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust.
* Bachelor of Education Honours, Manchester Metropolitan University
* Master of Education, Open University
* Post Graduate Certificate in Education: National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination, University of Wolverhampton
* Level 3 Forest School Practitioner, Open College Network
* Archery GB Instructor award
* First Aid at Work, St. John’s Ambulance